Corporate CounselApply Now
Who We Are:
Persado is the Marketing Language Cloud: AI-generated language that resonates the most with any audience, segment, or individual. Imagine having a copywriter and data scientist for each person in your audience; the platform generates the precise language that performs along with analytics detailing what drove response, resulting in better business outcomes and unprecedented insight into consumer engagement. Comprised of the world’s largest marketing language database, with over a million organized, tagged, and scored words, phrases, and images, Persado’s Marketing Language Cloud enables brands to increase acquisition and retention while building long term consumer relationships. To unlock the power of language and emotion for marketing, visit persado.com.
What We Are Looking For:
Persado is seeking a talented business-oriented Corporate Counsel based out of our New York office to partner with the business by providing a full range of legal services. You will interact with all levels within the organization and engage in various legal projects.
- Draft, review and negotiate new customer and vendor agreements, statements of works and other commercial agreements.
- Support Persado’s corporate strategy and financial efforts, including helping to structure transactions, managing due diligence and supervising outside counsel.
- Participate in quarterly board meetings to provide counsel and take minutes.
- Collaborate with a range of external legal partners in both the US and EMEA to ensure consistent approach and application of legal agreements worldwide.
- Provide legal business advice and support across Persado’s Sales, Human Capital and Finance teams.
- Present clear recommendations, and ensure legal compliance with internal policies, international laws and regulations, including GDPR and US privacy laws
- Participate in establishing company’s legal policies, goals and objectives.
What We Want To See:
- 5-7+ years’ relevant experience with an in-house legal department and/or international law firm representing clients in the technology industry.
- J.D. from an accredited law school; must be licensed to practice law in NY.
- Strong competency in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts.
- Ability to bring practical and commercially-oriented judgment to bear in solving legal problems.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a growing company.
- Demonstrated experience establishing credibility and rapport with executive-level management.
Who You Are:
- Excited about working in a lean startup environment.
- Must be enthusiastic, professional and highly proactive.
- Thrives on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly and efficiently.
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail.
- Truly loves working in a fast-paced, creative environment, whose passion is evident in their work.
- Great sense of humor and outlook on life.
What We Offer:
By joining Persado, you will be part of a young, creative and dynamic company undergoing rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity
- Work-life flexibility - we value your contributions above all